|Mövenpick Cebu is getting a new look.|
The intensive work will start on July 15 and continue for five months. During that period the hotel will temporarily suspend operations before re-opening on December 15.
“During any hotel renovation work our first consideration is to our guests,” said the hotel’s general manager Knuth Kiefer.
“In this case the scale of the renovation is so ambitious and so transformational that we wanted to focus on creating the best possible environment for work to be completed to our high standards. As a result we decided to temporarily suspend operations for five months.”
The general manager said the renovation will revitalise every aspect of the resort transforming guest rooms, the swimming pool, external areas and all restaurants and lounges. Additionally there will be exciting new features that have never been seen before in the Philippines before, such as an innovative new entertainment and event facility.
“This is not a conventional refurbishment but rather a completely fresh new approach to the overall guest experience,” said Kiefer. “We are very excited by the new features we have planned and believe they will offer guests wonderful reasons to visit Cebu again and again.”
The resort opened in 2005 and initially a ‘soft’ refurbishment had been planned to update the property – renovating just specific areas of the building – but it was decided the opportunity to create something unique and innovative was too good to miss.
“When the renovation work is complete we believe that the hotel will be an incredible asset not just to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, but also an asset to Cebu,” said Kiefer.